This morning I received a comment on my blog from a fellow writer and blogger, David J. Delaney, nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
David’s blog I have always enjoyed. He creatively mixes musings on life, writing tips and reblogs with just the right flair. If you follow David when he posts one of his short stories you are in for a treat. They are gripping, well written, and suspenseful. I have followed David for a while now and have never been disappointed by his posts. If you haven’t checked out his blog I highly recommend it. You can find him at: www.davidjdelaney.wordpress.com, or click the link. Thanks again, David!
There are a few rules to the One Lovely Blog Award. Here they are:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are seven random facts you probably don’t know about me.
- I have three tattoos– back of shoulder, hip, ankle– and want more. I love tattoos. To me they are a great way to express yourself– another creative outlet like writing. When I was single I wouldn’t date a guy without them. Ridiculous? Thinking back, maybe so. Thankfully, my husband is covered in them, so that crazy logic actually worked for me.
- I used to own and operate a hair salon on a beach and worked as a paralegal in several different law firms in Boston, MA. Now I write full-time.
- I married a man eleven years my senior who thinks I can do no wrong. He had a son, eighteen at the time. Seventeen years later, not only has my step-son grown into a wonderful, caring man but I have a daughter-in-law whom I adore and a beautiful soon-to-be one-year-old granddaughter who takes my breath away. Don’t get me started. I might not ever shut up. However, I will never share her picture online because I’m paranoid about having some pedophile look at her while he plays with himself. There are some things in life that are not for public consumption– and she’s one of them! Sad but true.
- I can watch movies and read books where people get slaughtered, marred, or ripped apart. When it happens to a dog my heart aches and I can’t get the image out of my head. Translation: animal lover. You might have already guessed that one. Here’s another tidbit that you didn’t know. I can’t watch the ASPCA commercial without welling up. Those sad eyes get me every time.
- In my younger years I hung with all walks of life, from bank robbers to certain infamous motorcycle clubs. The people I met during that time I use for inspiration when crafting characters for my books.
- I lost both my parents by the time I was eighteen years old, never knew any of my grandparents, except one who died when I was four, and ended up alone. I have a brother– five years older– but at that time he was too busy with his own life. Therefore, I had to grow up fast. The world wasn’t going to wait while I acted out. If there’s a lesson that came out of it that I could share it would be this: hold your loved ones tight because one day they will only be a memory. Treasure the moments you have with them. Treat them as if you’ll never see them again. Don’t let petty arguments keep you apart.
- Lastly, I believe you cannot have enough Yankee Candles. I love to warm my home with scents of the season using either candles, tart warmers, or both. There is no better way to create a soothing, relaxing ambiance, in my opinion.
Now it’s my turn to nominate 15 blogs that I find either fun, inspiring, educational, or interesting and will notify them in their comment sections. Since this is a WordPress award they all have to use WordPress, I think. There are many other blogs I enjoy, so if you don’t see your blog listed here it is not that I don’t LOVE your blog– I wouldn’t be following you if I didn’t– I just have limited space. For those of you who do find your blog listed, you are not obligated to accept the award or take part in the tour.
Here are the blogs in no particular order:
Why not show these bloggers some love and check out their sites for yourself.
What’s next for my Murder Blog? The “My Writing Process” blog tour. See you then!